Parlor is celebrating National Margarita Day with a new cocktail recipe, a pineapple and serrano-spiked margarita with an eye-catching black salt rim. The sweet-spicy syrup brings a kick that balances with the aged tequila and sweet pineapple. The black sea salt rim is a striking change; finish the cocktail by eating the edible dried fruit garnish.
Don’t want to make this one at home? The Playing Hooky is on the menu now at Parlor OKC!
For the honey serrano syrup:
1/2 cup honey
1 cup water
1 Serrano chile, halved
- Stir honey and water over high heat until honey dissolves, around 5 minutes
- Remove from heat, and add the chile
- Steep for 15 minutes, then strain into a jar. Syrup will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
For the cocktail:
1 ½ oz. Cimarron Reposado tequila
½ oz. Pierre Ferrand dry curaçao
½ oz. pineapple juice
¼ oz. lime juice
½ oz honey serrano syrup
Black Hawaiian sea salt, for garnish
Dehydrated pineapple ring, for garnish
- Coat the rim of a rocks glass with black Hawaiian sea salt
- Combine the tequila, dry curacao, pineapple juice, lime juice and syrup in a shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain into a rocks glass
- Garnish with a piece of dehydrated pineapple and serve.